Monday, July 23, 2012

Bye bye beach

Once all of the Keevers left, we had one week at the beach alone....just our little family.  It was nice, but too quiet.  The kids and I hit the beach every day while Josh was in class and then we ate at our favorite restaurants one last time.  But the 15th of June finally came and we had to vacate the rental house.

We loaded up and headed east....yes, you heard me correctly...and yes, we're nuts...to Jacksonville. We figured if we were in the area, we should go.  Josh and I own a condo there which needed to be checked on and my entire extended family lives there.  So two birds with one stone, as they say.

On the way to Jax we stopped in Tallahassee for dinner. The only reason I mention this is because we ate at the most amazing pizza place.  It's called Momo's. It's just north of I-10, not too far off the freeway.  On the sign it says "slices as big as your head"....that is misleading.  The slices were as big as Reagan!  Yet another eatery that I highly recommend...

We finally made it to Jax that night and opted to stay in a hotel out near the beach.  The next morning, Josh got up and checked on the condo, which thankfully is doing just fine, while the kids and I sampled the continental breakfast. (side note:  Buck the dog is still traveling with us.  Hadn't mentioned him in a while and wanted you to know that we did in fact remember to bring the dog with us when we left the beach). After Josh got back, we all got cleaned up and headed to Sweet Tomatoes to meet my aunt, great aunt, great uncle and second cousin (aka the Mosers and Aunt Cindy) for lunch.  We had such a wonderful time visiting with them and Wyatt and Reagan each left with a $2 bill, some books and dolls.  I'm so glad that they all got to see these funny kiddos in person (I don't think they had seen Wyatt since he was crawling and had never officially met Reagan).

After lunch was nap time and after naps was Hilliard.  My cousin on my mothers side, Kristen, and her family all live up in Hilliard.  She very graciously volunteered to host a barbeque for us...that way instead of us driving all over town to see everyone, everyone could meet us in one place.  So we all converged on Kristen's home....me, Josh, the kids, Kenny, Kristen Marie, Aunt Joy, Papa, and Alan. To say we had fun with everyone would be an understatement. Kristen Marie gets the award though...she was the only one who got Rea to warm up.








The next morning we loaded up and started the trek back to California...we were sad to go, but definitely ready to get home....

No comments:

background

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker