

The day after we arrived in Birmingham was sweet Reagan's second birthday. I can hardly believe that my baby is two! It seems like just yesterday that God blessed us with her beautiful face and sweet personality. Anyway, for her birthday we had a bunch of friends and family get together for lunch and then went back to my mom's house for cake. It was a lot of fun...and my kind of birthday party--simple and no fuss.
The birthday girl, and her brother loved her cake. I ordered it from Dreamcakes, which is the same place that almost all of my kids birthday cakes have come from. If you live in Birmingham, it is the only place you should be ordering special cakes from! It was a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing...and it had a bunny on top (Rea's favorite animal). I was so thrilled that my mom, stepdad, dad and stepmom could all be there to enjoy it with us. If Josh had been there, it would have been perfect. Oh well..there's always next year!
It was a great day for both Wyatt and Reagan. They got to stuff themselves with cake, play outside and open some Christmas presents early. Their Papa and Mamie (my dad and stepmom) brought their gifts with them and let the kids dig right in. I would say the favorite gifts were the portable DVD players that they each got...so much fun!







After Rea's birthday it was time to start getting ready for Christmas. So, we did a lot of shopping, a lot of eating and a lot of visiting with friends...well, mostly my best friend, Taylor, and her twin boys Harrison and Jack Henry. (Harrison is Josh and my godson). We also visited our old friend Santa Claus. I had high hopes for this year...but apparently Reagan is still petrified.
Finally Christmas morning came and we had a wonderful day. The kids got a second visit from Santa and mommy got some really awesome stuff too. The only thing missing was daddy...





After Christmas, we stayed almost another week before heading back to California. It was so wonderful to spend time in Birmingham again. I miss that place, and the people there, every day of my life. I only wish we had gotten to spend more time than we did. Hopefully we'll get back very soon.
And before I forget...here's a funny story from our trip back to California:
We were in the Atlanta airport and had boarded the train that would take us to the other terminal. A voice comes over the loud speaker as the doors close and says, "Please hold on, this train is departing." The next voice I hear was Wyatt's, screaming, "Mommy! Why is this train farting????". Needless to say, everyone on the train got a good chuckle out of that one. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment